Sunday, October 21, 2012

Time flies when I'm having SO MUCH FUN!

I have been gone a while but it is only because I am so busy these days with living life, learning, shuttling people around, and my jobs.

Since I was last here, we enjoyed our trip to Vegas which was wonderful in many ways. I started a new semester of my classes and both girls are very busy in their new activities and grades/schools. Life is really moving fast and so much is happening.

I am also now three months into my fantastic program over at Integrative Nutrition. I am loving the lectures and the readings and the assignments! When can people studying usually say THAT? I love everything we do and hate when I don't have time to fit it in when I want to fit it into my day. I haven't perfected the balance of all our activities and work and family time yet, but I am hopeful that I will get it down soon.

Since I lost wrote, I also celebrated my 39th birthday. That is the first time I have written it out like that and WOW I am getting up there, huh? Strange how time flies. I don't feel a day over 31!!! ;) Honestly, I am probably physically doing better now that I was just a decade or so ago. Only in the last two years I have finally really begun to understand about "health" and make large strides toward achieving it for myself (and my family).


Along those lines, I am so glad that I am on this path to become a health coach. I do have my doubts at times when I see myself in the mirror and DO NOT see the picture of health, but I also know I have a great ability to listen and hear people and love helping people. People talk to me and share with me and I am a problem solver. I also LOVE sharing information about health and nutrition.

One good thing about being on my own path to wellness is that I think it makes me sensitive to the issues that people may be dealing with in hesitating to start their own journey. I was those people not too long ago. I did drive through with great regularity and enjoyed my junk foods and diet sodas. I am glad I am free of most of those vices now, but the trip has been a bumpy one and I may never be completely free of those things! It is an ongoing trek that doesn't have an "end point". Every day is a new set of challenges and getting through each day is always a new and happy success!

So even though I have doubts about not LOOKING the part, I know I am cut out for this work and that I am a great teacher, supporter, friend, counselor, and assistant and I know I will help many to start on journeys to improve their health. Each path is different, but all roads lead to a better quality of life and a happier, healthier body that can do and handle more.

Until the day I start to inspire others, I have to inspire my own ass out of the bed tomorrow. Yoga happened today (for the first time) and Yoga won. Tomorrow starts another week of taking and bringing and lots of gas being guzzled by my little car. I will also have a performance to attend where my big girl is a background singer and plays an instrument with the other kids. She didn't want a big part because she swears she has stage fright. Is that even real when you have never been on a stage or had to perform? Where did she even hear of that?



My goals this week are to stay on top of my lectures and hopefully increase my activity with working out as I've had some issues and have been seeing a chiropractor in hopes of finding some ways to build up strength and have less discomfort. I plan to hit up yoga a second time and make an effort to tame that wench. Here is hoping I survive the week! :)

No comments: