Wednesday, October 24, 2012

No time and too much to do

Yoga'd Sunday and JUST TODAY am I starting to feel human again. WOW that took a toll and hit me hard. That actually, in my mind, means my body desperately needed it and needs to continue. I plan on trying to incorporate it once a week for now, and hopefully twice a week soon when my schedule opens up.


Things are so crammed in my schedule right now that I am having a hard time finding days/times I can do things for me since I have so many other obligations. It is frustrating to be juggling so many things and to still have to leave so many things I'd like to do undone. There are only so many hours in a day, however, and so for now, a taste of this and that will have to suffice.

Yoga, I know I want to do more of because it is challenging and I want to feel it become easier for me. With resistance training, it is much the same. It hurts me, but I start to feel it become easier, and I know my body is becoming more fit. That is exhilarating to me. I have never been a physically active or strong person, so feeling yourself start to become LESS out of shape is actually quite exciting! You feel stronger and more powerful somehow. That is a good feeling.

But smaller things have been left undone lately as well. Cooking on some days of the week is sacrificed so I can grade, or get in a little family time, or head somewhere to run errands. Time is just at a shortage lately. And I knew things would get busier this year with going to school and my little one being busier, but it is still something that is taxing me in ways I hadn't anticipated.

For example, some of the knee issues I have been having, I have connected to my driving! Our town is very spread out and I am driving more these days than ever with the girls in different parts of town and some places I have to get to in still another area of town. I drive a huge triangle of space and then back over it some days. I started noticing I felt worse while driving. Yay. MORE physical issues. The most surprising part is that it came from driving, which I hadn't anticipated would cause me any issues.

As tonight is a work night for me, I would have loved to have dinner waiting for my husband so that he wouldn't have to worry about cooking, but I never got around to it. I have just a few minutes of "free time" now, and so I'm posting this to purge some of the guilt. :) Maybe not the best use of time, but I have to get it out and here is a good a place as any!

Another source of guilt is that my children are costume-less as of now. There is a parade on Friday, so my little (okay, not so little) hiney is going to have to get in gear tomorrow and buy/make an outfit for my eldest child so she isn't a social pariah at school! She wants to be an angel so I will make the robe/dress part and buy the rest, I think. I am not up to making the entire thing, although it seems easy enough. I hope I find something that works tomorrow after I get them on their way.

So yes, things are hectic. Life is very busy but it is all for great reasons, when I think about it. I am blessed with two sweet and smart and adorable girls who keep me active and a fantastic husband who loves to do things with us on our busy weekends. My body is a work in progress which keeps me going to the gym or looking for activities but it serves me well for my purposes and I am trying to make it better and stronger. I am thankful that I was able to find and get enrolled in classes that are helping to inform me in ways to help my family become healthier and happier.

Focusing on all I have and am and can do and be is helpful to keep me centered and to put things in perspective. It can help me forgive myself too, when I feel like I am falling short (which can be often).

I need to practice this more often!

No comments: