Monday, July 23, 2012

A Little Dinner and Dancing and Back to Reality!


I last mentioned my upcoming high school reunion. It took place this last weekend over three days and the two days I attended proved to be interesting affairs. I didn't mingle tons, as I was the same way 20 years ago, but I did connect with some great people and get to spend face time with them--a rare thing for me. I do have texting, and Facebook and phone calls with some, but face time around a table and with some music and drinks is not a thing that happens often for me. For that reason, it was a great time and I enjoyed it.

There were a few "best parts" but one of them was putting on the size Large reunion shirt to find it fit--nicely! What a thrill that was! :) Another favorite time was getting our groove on on the dance floor. Dancing with my husband is a rare treat, that has only happened three times in our marriage. IT WAS WELL WORTH all costs involved for that thrill. :) But just having a night without the kids was a biggie too! :)

Wouldn't you agree that these pictures say everything? THEY make the trip and money and time spent worth it all. The kids loved the pictures too.

I did miss a few very important people who I would have enjoyed having there, but you get what you get and your happy with it, right? This is what I got and I was very happy, all things considered.

What awaited me in the hotel room --when I was in no condition to read, much less read CRITICALLY--was ungraded work to get done by that night. :) I tried beforehand and failed to get caught up and that night I was able to do VERY little so I was late with my grades. I hate that, but it happens and since this is a once in 20 year event, I guess it was okay. I did get up the next morning and opted out of pool time with the family to get all squared away with my job. Having a job that follows you everywhere is a blessing--and a curse. :(

One not-so-small victory was that my eating (and drinking) wasn't COMPLETELY off plan AND I did my first hotel work out on this trip! The equipment sucked and some of it was broken, but I did hop on the stationary bike and do some intervals. Got gooood and sweaty too! I was glad I did it--after the fact--because it showed me that it could be done. I have never traveled and purposely hit the gym while on a leisure trip. I am hoping I can continue this on the next trip I take!

Aside from our weekend trip, there have been a few things rattling around in my head that I want to share, but it is late and the bed is calling. It has been for almost an hour and I've been ignoring it. With an upcoming trip to sin city (my first time), I am trying to chip away at things that may make traveling with work/school easier. It means some late nights for now, but I will be back with those topics hopefully before I leave!

2 comments:

Mrs. Loquacious said...

My sis went to Vegas for the first time as an adult a few months ago, and both she and my bro-in-law loved it so much that they are heading back again in Nov. Keep in mind, they drink a little but not heavily, and they aren't heavy gamblers either. They caught some shows and shopped and just checked out the sights, and the tales they tell me make me want to go too! :)

So happy for your getaway. Are you bringing the kids or is this an adult-only trip?

tejanamama said...

I wish!!! No adult trip for a long long time I'm guessing. We don't have a sitter like that. PLUS its a week long trip. I'd never leave them that long. We are all going. Last time josh went he had such a good time he sold us on going. That was like two or three years ago? Emilia was very little at the time. So when this job trip came up, we piggybacked on it. :) I am happy we are getting a trip this summer too because the girls are so excited to ride in a PLANE! And Emilia is all about "M&M world" because she saw pictures and the souvenir cup josh brought me last time he went. :)