Wednesday, October 8, 2008

There *MUST* be a screw missing...

Photobucket

Because I just accepted MORE CLASSES! I have a pretty manageable schedule right now and I've been LOVING IT! The idea of teaching more classes and overlapping again is NOT something I relish, but the extra money is always nice to see. I haven't been paid in a long while! Because of the way these classes are spaced, however, I should be getting paid a few more times before the holidays. Always a good thing!

I was hoping that this year would be a nice calm one with less stress, but so far that hasn't been the case. When I have had fewer classes I've had connectability issues or really stressful people in the course with all these special circumstances. It has been aggravating.

And since the move, Josh goes to work later, which means he comes home later, so going out to work has become difficult to do. We are FAR from civilization now (exaggeration), and the places out this way close early. By the time I could get somewhere, I would have very little work time before needing to turn around and head home. Makes it not wroth the gas money back and forth!

The other new development is that I have a *hard* time staying awake! I used to be able to keep myself semi-alert until two a.m. if need be. These days? By 11 p.m. I'm zonked. I notice that I start making mistakes (ore more of them) on my feedbacks to students. Typos and other errors that just don't make me look good! (Thank god for spell check!)

So given my circumstances, I should not have taken on these additional four courses. I wanted to help out the scheduler who asked for help and needed someone to pick up classes starting monday, and I liked the idea of getting paid again before October is over! :)

I also want to get as much done as I can before the end of March (D-day as I like to think of it). After then, I won't be teaching much at all for at least a few months. If this kid is anything like the last one, and the experience is anything like the last one, I'll be "hung over" for a LONG time before I am back in a mental reality. Aside from that, with two kids, I'll no doubt be VERY busy--and tired--and irritable--and lots of other negative adjectives! ;)

Let's hope I didn't make a huge mistake and that I can swing these extra courses without the issues I've already discussed reappearing! I'd like something to go SMOOTHLY for a change! :)

No comments: