Monday, October 27, 2008

Simple Equation to Yumminess

Heard of Frito pie?

I had no idea it was a regional treat, but apparently it is. Some say its white trashish, and others think its plain disgusting. I haven't enjoyed the treat since junior high or high school, but I know in 8th grade I had it almost every day for a year straight and somehow didn't wear out my esophagus. I lived to tell about it and am looking forward to indulging in one tonight!

Simply put, Frito pie is a mix of foods that probably shouldn't be combined. It can reek havoc on your digestive system, and probably shouldn't be eaten by people over 20. That said, I have heartburn meds ready to and am looking forward to dinner tonight! :)

Frito Pie Equation Pictures, Images and Photos

Back in junior high, they took a small back and split it down the side, opening it like a bowl. They poured in a ladle of chili and topped with some cheese and VIOLA! LUNCH! This was accompanied with a fake orange drink that doubled the acidic punch of this meal and delighted my taste buds. All of this for a dollar sixty-five. YUM!

I only hope that things like this aren't sold in the schools my children attend when they are older. THE HORROR...and the delight! :)

2 comments:

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Uh...that sounds disgusting, babe! I prefer to make my own chili (the stuff from the can is unbearable). Is this stuff seriously tasty? Do the Fritos get soggy?

Don't forget to pop the TUMS. You will need them! ;)

tejanamama said...

NO they don't get soggy!!! that is the best part! they are impenatrable i think? LOL I don't cook it though. I Just nuke it for a sec to melt cheese or put HOT HOT chili on it so that it is doesn't need heating.

Josh and lena loved it! So did i! I took the meds beforehand...the kind you take beforehand that are okay to take in pgncy. so far i'm not burping anything...HOPEFULLY IT LASTS! :)

some ppl use homemade chili...that works but i haven't found a recipe i love yet and this was fast and easy! :)