Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First day of School....again.

Today my girl started up Spanish school again and she did really well. I love that she comes out of class, shows me her projects, and calls them their names in Spanish instead of English. She's come a LONG way from when she started in spring! I'm glad she is still there...for now.

I am starting to think changes will be coming for us since the girl is changing so much lately. She's skipping her nap more and more often and that has really changed things around for me. It is a change I knew would come to us, but for some reason, I thought I had more time before naps became a thing of the past.

Today was a nap day because she had school, and after being out a few weeks, it tired her out. Thank goodness it did because mom needed a nap too! :)

Thinking of these changes just makes me realize she's growing up. The potty training was one thing. The yapping up a storm was another thing. This nap thing is hitting me harder than anything else, though. I just see her as a big kid more and more often and its hard to get used to!

Thankfully, we are a ways off of Kindergarten. She doesn't turn five early enough to start next year, so we get another year together before she's off to full day school. I am very glad for that extra time and I hope we can make it count!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, it's julissa. Happy to hear that you guys are doing well. Been very busy at work...darn those deadlines! And Mia has been sick with a stomach virus...poor thing was vomiting and now has diarrhea. But she is doing better! She started day care this week, too, but only got through Tuesday because she was sick. Anyway, will talk to you soon!

Mrs. Loquacious said...

You are such a softie! ;) Truth is, it is good to have a "little girl" instead of a baby. As she gets more independent she will develop more of the personality that up to this point, she hasn't been able to fully express.

However, I do not look forward to the day she turns 13 and enters officially into the world of adolescence. Her mama is gonna be one heckuva worry wart! ;)