Monday, August 4, 2008

Meaningless gesture # 48779948982

Or: Playing it Safe 101

Okay. Since I need a reason to dislike this guy more than I already do (dripping sarcasm), this came out yesterday.

I won't even go into it all, but over at The Confluence, Riverdaughter did a great job of summing up my feelings in this piece.

When I saw this news hit the Internet yesterday, I thought, "Oh NOW he feels every vote should count! How gracious of him!" *insert gag sound here* Riverdaughter lists the many reasons why this is not a grand gesture of any sort. I'm not sure most people see through this, but I know those who are paying attention know its another shallow attempt to appease and to appear to be something he is not. Fair.

More on this can be viewed in the following trailer. This is the beginnings of what seems like it will be quite an impressive and interesting look into the primaries, up close and personal. It appears to be an examination of things here locally in Texas. It was an unholy mess and made it clear to participants that the Obama camp was out to win by any means necessary. The rules were out the door and intimidation and threats were used in their place. So sad.

This is going to be a must see so that people can see what really went on in our state, and in others with caucuses (overwhelmingly going to Obama, of course).



Enjoy!

No comments: