Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The evils of Crocs and other annoying phenomena

Photobucket

I had a good laugh this morning reading this article off MSN/Newsweek's website. It is called "Make. It. Stop." and is about Crocs. LMFAO! I have to say I agree with this guy wholeheartedly and have never understood this phenomena.

The day I knew things had gone too far, I was in a Chinese restaurant with my husband and child when another family walked in. The adults were middle aged and the children were young teens. The father was a scruffily bearded, rotund, tall man wearing tacky Hawaiian print shorts and a too tight white undershirt. He also was wearing pulled up white sports socks and a pair of neon green Crocs.

I was offended, deeply, by his "look". This look said, "I don't give a rat's ass anymore!" or "My wife bought me these so I'd stop walking around bare foot." He looked the type that just might try to go somewhere sans shoes. :)

I know people say they are comfortable, but come on. Comfort that doesn't match in the least and makes you look like a clown? WTH is that about? I'm all for comfort and had to wear prescribed, disgusting looking New Balance tennis shoes after hurting my foot two years ago. I hated them but I wore them, calling the shoes my "Frankenstein shoes". I still think those gross shoes were less offensive than Crocs!

This article also has some great links to funny sites. One is interesting and worth checking out called Stuff White People Like. Entries include, girls with bangs, Facebook, unpaid internships, sweaters, scarves, and playing children's games as adults! :) See yourself yet? LOL

It also links to a website called I Hate Crocs Dot Com, which is a blog stating, "We hate Crocs here. Why? Because they are to your eyes what secondhand smoke is to your lungs." Interesting way to put it, and spot on!


There are a few other interesting links here worth checking out. Including a piece about another offensive phenomena that I just don't get! They are called in this article, the accessory that truckers are going "nuts" for. Nuff said.

Then there is this post from super obnoxious guy at Best Page In the Universe. HIGHlarious! Some of it I do not agree with completely, but its still funny!

I hope you enjoy the reads!

3 comments:

Mrs. Loquacious said...

I like my Crocs! They are comfortable and my feet don't smell when I'm done with them. Granted, they are no fashion statement, but I also don't wear them when I want to look good. However, when I'm sans make-up and in yoga pants and a ponytail going to get groceries, I have to admit that sometimes I just don't care enough to wear other shoes.

Don't knock 'em til you try 'em! ;)

Curlz said...

Never even tried them on as I cannot imagine how they could possibly be comfortable - don't they make your feet sweat? If this post was meant to dissuade me, it has only made me curious - thanx!! :P

tejanamama said...

It was meant to humor you and hopefully give you some interesting procrastinating reading material. HOpefully make you smile! :)

I have tried them lady! I wont pay those prices, but i have a 14 dollar pair of knock off flip flops that i wear when its raining or to get pedicures :) I won't wear the other ones though. I wear my flip flops when i don't care or just need to get to point a to point b. OR i wear sneaks. I'm a total sneaker gal ...when I'm not in my different flip flops.