Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Another month...and a Process nears its end...

Wasn't it just the start of May? Now its JUNE? How did this happen??? ;)

Obama is close to clinching the nomination by winning more than 50% of the delegates up to win. I'm going to be up watching the Obama speech, although probably not in its entirety, and all of Hillary's speech tonight. Both should be quite history-making as has this entire primary season. I'm excited to have been a part of it and am still looking very forward to the Texas State Democratic Convention happening this weekend.

I'm not sure which genius decided to schedule this event sometime *AFTER* the primaries were over, but that is when it happens. It is probably moot, but as I've realized in the process, it isn't *merely* about selecting a president, but about selecting our leadership in the democratic party and possibly bringing about change for how the election takes place. Perhaps most importantly, the convention is about laying the ground work for the future elections in our country.

Those in leadership are often times super delegates. Could not a future election come down to the Supers as it has this go round? If so, I'd like my picks making that decision! For too long, not enough people took part in this crucial part of the democratic process, and I'm very proud to be in a position to learn this year and to start a tradition of representing my precinct at the state level and in future years, perhaps beyond that! :)

Yes Mrs.L, I'm really big into this political thing! :) I've always been this way, just dormant for the most part. The excitement and grave importance of this election woke me from my slumber! :)

So in two days, off I go, with my husband and daughter in tow, to spend a few days in Austin. Getting there a day early and leaving a day late and hoping to have a little bit of fun in between the work that will be done. Wish me luck! :)

6 comments:

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Good luck! *big hugs*!!

I thought about you the other day when I read that HC was likely not going to win enough delegations to take the nomination. Thoughts? Feelings? Though it sounds like there are still some who'd love to see Obama and Clinton run together, I'm against that idea. I keep wondering how the HC supporters would feel, having to join forces with the "other side" that you've been competing against all season?

I'm all about Obama for the win, though - and by win, I mean presidency. And it will make history. :)

dana said...

Haha....you do know that Bill Clinton helped revamp/redo/revise the Texas Democratic Party (including the primaries, caucus' and convention). LOL...a bit of irony.

p.s. Go Ron Paul! ;)

tejanamama said...

They will "fix" it again and make it worse Dana. THEY USUALLY DO. THe democratic party is a hot mess though. If i wasn't passionate about the platform I would seriously bail. BELIEVE ME its been an itch I've felt coming on for a while! The system itself has merits, but our time table is way off kilter!!!

MrsLoq its history making regardless. a) we elected a woman, b) a black MAN (boo) or c) another 'tard! So it would be pretty damn historical regardless!! ;) I am sad for her since she's worked so hard and seriously had the worst machine to go up against. What you don't hear about is what is going on behind the scenes and its ugly. I realy hate that being a woman is not as easy as being a man. Not saying she's not in the lead because she's not a man or that she didnt make some mistakes....I think that it was hard, as a woman, to watch the sexism. I had no idea it was as bad, in fact worse, than racism. I"M HISPANIC so I know both things well. Sad for me. Sad for my daughter. Just sad state of affairs.

I don't want her to be VP. Not because I don't think she would work well in that capacity or for the reasons you stated. I know he would never in a zillion years pick her altho as a uniter who claims his major goal is bring the country together..and it would go along way to do that.

I want her to run in 2012! ;) LMFAO!

I think Chelsea is speaking tomorrow so that will be a treat. I've seen Bill and Hill before, so Chelsea will be worthwhile.

Dana are you guys doing a write in or just voting for mcbush?

Diario de Elysia said...

I like that...."McBush" quite fitting.

Hope oyu had a great time at the convention, and for god sake, email me back sometime wontcha?

dana said...

No, not voting for McSame (lol). Won't do it. Won't be voting for Obama either. Going to attempt a write-in...still having issues with the "legality" of that - i think it's a county issue.

I don't want to not-vote but i will not be voting for the two mentioned above. sigh.

tejanamama said...

sorry lys! thought i did. its done now!

dana....really? i thought anyone could write in??? They were discussing this quite loudly at the convention...writing in hil. nice gesture, but pointless. Fact is one of these schmucks is the next prez and so i have to vote for one of them or just not have my vote count. so we'll see...