Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lets go Yankees!!

We will be headed out to another part of Texas in just a couple of days! A chance encounter at Panera Monday morning (yesterday) led to me investigating Astros tickets for this weekend. They are playing the Yankees, its father's day weekend, and dh is a hardcore yanks fan. You do the math! :)

Needless to say, I ended up paid way too much for two GREAT tickets (behind visitor's dugout--4th row) and now need to rush to find a hotel! We are only going two nights, three days, but it should be fun and I know Josh will be happy and grateful! I'm shopping with my mom and daughter while he'll take in the game with my father. Should be a fun time!

This means that my packing job is half done since we just got back from Austin. One week, three cities. Not too shabby for this homebody! :)

The Austin trip was great and the convention was memorable and interesting. I learned a lot and I'm sure its not my last democratic convention. Hillary's campaign won't be my last either. I already am interested in a few other local candidates and look forward to doing what I can locally until the next presidential campaign is upon us.

While I will very likely unhappily support the democratic candidate for president in 2008, I won't be knocking on doors or making phone calls for him. I'll do what I have to do, but little beyond that! :( Sad, but I'm just not feeling it. There is one thing he could do to show me, and millions of others, that he is a true uniter, but I know that won't happen. I hold out a little bit of hope that it will, but I'm 99.9% sure it won't be a headline I'll be reading anytime in the near future.

Speaking of headlines, anyone see this doozy? I found it hilarious given how his wife's family made their millions!

McCain: 'I will veto every single beer'
Posted: 11:32 AM ET

(CNN) – John McCain issued a promise Tuesday that may cause a bit of unrest with a broad swath of voters: He'll veto every single beer?

In a slip of the tongue while railing against excessive earmarks at the National Small Business Summit in Washington, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee inadvertently pledged to veto the popular alcoholic beverage.

"I will use the veto as needed. I will veto every single beer — bill with earmarks," he said, as rumblings from the crowd could be heard. "And every single bill that we have come across my desk I will make them famous. I will veto them, you will know their names."



The first of many doozies to come, no doubt! :)

No comments: