Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I need tissues and Vicks, but life is GOOD!

I meant to post yesterday but things have been busy. It seems like that so much more so these days! Will things start to slow down again? Probably not likely.

Right now my girl is sick and so am I. I started today and she started up night before last. Headachey, sniffley, snotty and tired is not a good way to go through your day! The plans we had are on hold and for now, we are just doing what we have to do in order to get through the week!

Last week I found out that my brain works well enough to be labeled "normal" (MRI) and that my blood is in much better shape than it was last year! My cholesterol is over 40 points lower and the "bad" stuff is also down. That was exciting to see! My "good" cholesterol is not up, however, and that was disheartening given the supplements I take and the exercise that I do. The doctor mentioned "False low readings" that happen from time to time when people are losing weight, so I am hopeful that is what happened in my case.

I also went to see the hand doctor about the pain in my wrists that has existed since my pregnancy. It has changed over time, but it has never gone away and as of late has actually worsened again. Annoying as hell!

Turns out it is as simple as my joints being "loose" and it is genetic. Turns out my daughter has inherited this "condition" as well. The only thing I can do, is more of what I am doing--Exercise! Apparently I need to add some specific hand and wrists exercises in addition to purchasing and using a lot of ergonomically correct equipment, hardware, etc. Not a cheap path to take, but it is the only one that will make now and later less painful. What a change that will be!

Lots of doctors in two weeks and lots of sickness here at the house. On top of that I am starting two new classes this week, started one new one last week and have two wrapping up. The overlap is always hard, but it seems to be more difficult in the past two weeks. I cannot seem to catch up and find my bearings. Add to that trying to fit in work outs and play time with Len, and it can get quite overwhelming.

I shouldn't complain because life is generally pretty good! :) Why is it then that we cannot help but go on and on about the "problems" we have when they surface? Those problems are really usually small on the scale of issues we might be experiencing, right? And yet, to us, when facing them on a daily basis, we feel the weight of them to be much heavier than they are in actuality.

The problems we experience aren't usually really problems at all. They are inconveniences and annoyances that keep life from being ideal or perfect.

In the scheme of things, just shy of great, perfect or ideal is not a bad place to be, is it? ;)

1 comment:

Mrs. Loquacious said...

It's an incredible place to be. Frankly, nowadays, I can better appreciate the fact that any situation can be framed positively or negatively, and the ones who dwell and live in the latter are those who drain others and become joy-stealers.

Because of that, I'm really trying hard to be a joy-giver and a positive framer. :) Some days (e.g. birthdays) are easier than others, of course.

Just be thankful you got to see a doc and at least he knows what's wrong, and you have an improving health report, and Len is healthy apart from the cold, and your man loves you and is being faithful and dedicated to wife and child, and you have a job that pays, and you live somewhere that isn't going to get hit with a snowstorm :)

Plus you drive a cool car! :P