Monday, July 21, 2008

Family movie day on Saturday

We had a decent weekend here and celebrated our first family movie day in Texas. We hadn't been to see a movie as a family since moving from NJ until this past weekend. To celebrate, we took off to see Wall E. This is a good movie that did not disappoint. I read the review by Mrs. Loquacious a week or two ago and was worried she was over hyping it! While she does tend to get worked up on certain topics, exuberant even, she was right on about this one.

While watching Wall-E, we laughed and cried and laughed some more!

It isn't for those who were raised to love the loud, fast, and explosive ways of most movies of today, however. I found myself having to "get used to" the lack of dialogue, especially at the beginning of the movie. The first half or so seems to be relatively "quiet". While this was odd to me, it wasn't as bad as the Tom Hanks/talking volleyball movie. ;)

A little peice of tin/metal really does become loveable in this movie. He does look too much like Johnny Five, but he is so much his own chracter and such a willing participant in love. Seeing the concept of frienddship and love portrayed in a slightly differnt way was sweet and endearing.

My daughter who is three and a half thoroughly enjoyed the movie as well! She wouldn't stop talking about "Ev-uh" and "WallEeeee" and kept wanting to recreate scenes from the movie. My husband also enjoyed the flick!

The other really great thing about this movie were the coming attractions! I had never seen so many interesting and funny trailers that left me dying to see more kid flicks! The theme music for some was catchy (and I heard them over and over that evening courtesey of my little girl) and the characters from others were lovable and hilarious. I cannot wait for the next few months when we'll be seeing some really great kid movies come to the big screen. The timing couldn't be better as my daughter is at the perfect age/maturity level for enjoying the movies.

Here is hoping that the next movie day we have is just as enjoyable! :)

Will you be going to see Wall-E or other "kid" movies soon?

2 comments:

Mrs. Loquacious said...

:P Me? Exuberant? Over-hyping? I have no idea where you get your ridiculous ideas, lady. ;)

Wall-E!!! Hubbs almost bought me a Wall-E thing since I loved the movie so dang much. I declined, and instead "settled" for a new Kenneth Cole bag :)

tejanamama said...

so sweet of you to settle for something like a designer purse! lol