Monday, June 16, 2008

Seeing RED!!!!! WARNING! Vent begins....

NOW!!!

I am so angry I can't see straight!!!! (So excuse typos, errors, etc! I have an excuse today! hehe).

SERIOUSLY!!! I hate this apartment complex. Lots of promises and some perks but none of it is worth the crap we have to deal with on too regular a basis.

In the past few months they have been prepping various vacated apartments for re-habitation. One time last month I was stiff led by an overwhelming strong chemical smell that was pumping into my apartment (I guess via the air vents). This smell was so strong that I worried about my daughter and left.

I immediately complained, quite loudly, to the apartment complex and all they did was apologize and swear up and down that that is *not* how they are supposed to do things when prepping apartments. Apparently, it is protocol to cover/close vents, open windows and THEN use the highly dangerous chemicals that are used to clean, paint, treat walls and floors. "We are so sorry and promise it will never happen again!"

Well here I am. It is happening again. I am already feeling under the weather with enough phlegm in my throat to choke most people, congestion like no one's business and this smell is SO potent that within a minute or two I had a slight headache! WHAT THE HECK IS IN THAT APARTMENT that they are using to treat things with? Turpentine? Paint thinner? A combination of those with a few extra chemicals mixed in for fun?

I am so angry that I could barely find the number and dial it. My favorite employee (seriously) answered and I was fighting off TEARS when speaking to him. I'm mortified that this is happening. MY daughter is sound asleep in the other room and I can only feel the slightest bit of relief because it hasn't infiltrated her room yet. It seems to be limited somehow to the living room. Weird.

Anyway, I'm livid and will tell everyone I know to avoid this complex! It is a wonderful place to live if you don't mind your A/c issues being ignored, fumes coming into your home ever couple of months and then lingering for days, gates for our safety that are ALWAYS opened or broken, maintenance people who don't return calls and most things being outsourced to companies which are less than professional and do a crap job of "fixing" things, often times leaving a trail of paint and spackle in their wake.

I have been waiting for 20 minutes for a call back and as soon as my daughter wakes up, I'm marching over there and giving them a bigger piece of my mind if I can hold it together! I also want to take her OUT of this stinky apartment now. I can hardly wait for her to wake up and may go wake her up just to get myself out of here! :(

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO RETARDED????

1 comment:

Diario de Elysia said...

Aye sorry girl, I hope they get that shit fixed ASAP.