Thursday, June 19, 2008

Me sick=sux. Baby sick=suckier!

So that is where we are now. I got sick then she got sick two days later. We are both still sick and the worst part is when she runs a high fever. They just are not themselves when they get that way and its hard to watch. On the one hand, she's a big pile of mush to squeeze and love on, but on the other hand she's miserable and would rather be playing.

The days seem to be dragging on to the weekend. I don't mind terribly because I am SO behind on things, having lost two days to being drained and in pain. I found out I had a sinus infection and bronchitis and the next day took her in for her fever and found out it was a sore throat. Just so happens whatever is causing it is also causing a high fever. It marked the first time I took her in for a fever and didn't leave with antibiotics. She's a magnet for infections it seems.

Because of being behind, I got hate mail from a student! Bastards! Who do they think they are? Paying customers demanding "quality" service? X%%$#!!! Anyhoo, I felt bad because I was late with some homework, but life happens. I cannot stop that train ride if i wanted to!

Aside from being "up to my eyeballs in marking" (to quote a dear friend), I am busy with caring for my limp noodle and getting myself healthy again too! :) I also have happened upon a few interesting websites over the last week.

I'll be adding many to my list of blogs here. None are by people I know, but instead spawned by interesting movements. I am loving some of the interesting posts and wishing I had more time to read the frequent updates and archives at these blogs! They are all political in nature and democratic. The perspectives and information are fascinating, however, and I just wish everyone could be exposed to more than one opinion.

I'd also like to create a new look to this blog. I've wanted to for ages, but I hate all the templates and don't know how to make adjustments in color or widths or anything. I could ask my husband and he *might* have the answers, but would he actually make the time to do the work for me? I do not want a lesson in HTML but for someone to DO THE WORK FOR ME. Is that too much to ask? Preferably the someone will charge nothing and do it happily and instantaneously! :)

Something to keep you company until we next meet again:



Hope your week is coming to a climactic and happy end on Friday! :)

4 comments:

Diario de Elysia said...

I hope you guys get better soon. Being sick sucks!

tejanamama said...

Gracias! YOU TOO! :) Len's temp is down! woohoo!

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Get well soon!! *hugs from far away so I don't get sick*

I have given up learning HTML or CSS styles, and I am refusing to ask Hubbs to create a custom template for me. He can, but if he's gonna work it should be for someone who'll PAY him, y'know?

Therefore I will remain happy with my sad little templated blog styles, and keep switching them up for fun.

Anonymous said...

Thanks H! its me btw...forgot to log in :) GIRL i just want to know how to do simple things like wrap text...or change a damn color. i'm really not feeling the templates. i want to change something in all of them, including this one. I need more variety! :( oh well....