Tuesday, March 11, 2008

And the contest continues....as does life!

One week ago, I had one of the longest days of my life! Okay, maybe not my life, but in a long time. All day and all night I was at the voting precinct with my family. I was telling people to come in and vote and to remember to return for the caucus that evening. As it turns out, Texas is the only state in the union that could not make up its mind and allows its citizens to vote twice in primaries! Only in Texas, huh?

The caucus was interesting and I'm glad I did it. I was picked as a delegate to represent the precinct in the county level later this month. Then delegates who are selected go on to state and then a smaller number get to go to the National Democratic Convention in August. How exciting, huh? I'm certain I won't be among them, but it is somehting I intend to shoot for in future elections!



My girl was great that day and had a good time telling passers-by, "Vote for Hillary!" Luckily, our precinct was at an elementary school, so she did well with lots of breaks during the day!

Photobucket

I am glad to say we delivered in our county which went to Hillary at a larger margin than the state as a whole did. Unfortunately, the people in Mississippi and Wyoming didn't follow suit. Damn spoilers! :)

I am hopeful that the Pennsylvania voters will agree with the other large states and vote overwhelmingly for Senator Clinton. We never say "die" on our side and unfortunately, the rhetoric from Obama has be seriously questioning him. His actions, record and now his words are hard to get past. I don't know what I"ll do if faced with a democratic ticket that he leads with some other person I'm not excited about! I hope I don't have to figure that out down the road!

Aside from this, I'm trying to continue with my weight loss. Things majorly slowed down with the business of the past few weeks, but I'm back on track and trying very hard to hit my -30 lb mark! I am hoping it happens this week! I have my last appointment with my personal trainer on Saturday! I am seeing a new one at the new gym, but its only once a week. For the most part I'm going to be on my own! Here's hoping things start speeding up soon!!!!

Busy, but its all for good causes. My health and the future of the country I live in...not too shabby! :)

No comments: