Sunday, March 8, 2009

Home alone and sweaty :(

Baby girl is much better now and eating all the normal foods. SO that excitement is over. THANK GOD. I don't need any more excitement (or expenditures) at the present time!

We are home alone tonight. Dear hubby is gone for today and tomorrow and back around midnight before he sleeps then goes to work on Tuesday. He is out of town for a work opportunity that I hope pans out locally. They hire around the country, including here. I can't go into more details now and I don't know a TON more about the position except that its in his field and supposedly a great position! We shall see if anything comes of this. I hope it isn't a waste of time.

Sweating Pictures, Images and Photos

I was terribly nervous about him leaving this far into a pregnancy, but he assured me that since it was one night only, NOTHING would happen. I feel pretty good about nothing happening (like labor) but I feel like you NEVER can be TOO SURE! Thankfully my parents were around to help out and distract us some today. I was sadder than I expected when he left this afternoon.

Daughter and I are sleeping downstairs because, of course, now that the weather is heating up, the a/c has gone kaput. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? It was in the 80s today and we had NO Air conditioning. It is in the 70s over night and we are STILL without air conditioning. I called early this morning and they assured me that someone would try to be here tomorrow if they could schedule the a/c guy to come. I HOPE TO GOD he comes because one more night of this...and I don't know what I'll do! I hate sleeping in heat and I hate sweating and pregnant women are small ovens to begin with! WITH THE A/C blaring I complain, so without it, I am a pretty miserable being!

Hopefully, Monday goes by quickly and midnight and my husband arrive safely and into a cool comfy abode! :)

1 comment:

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Stay cool! And my fingers are crossed that the opportunity pans out...hopefully his field is specialized enough that they'll need guys in his line of work despite the recession. I can't believe that baby's almost here!!! Oh..and I am having issues ordering from your registry...apparently they don't do US orders online from the Canadian website and I can't order online from the US one either. I'll have to see if I can do it by phone...

My thoughts and prayers are with ya, girl! *HUGS*