Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Bush Family has left the building

It looks like we have a new president. The emotion and significance of the day is not lost on me, but I have a bit of inauguration fatigue. It has been covered on some of my favorite channels (news stations) non stop for SOOO LONG that I am glad things *should* hopefully be winding down soon.

I know today and tomorrow and maybe even the week are lost causes, but hopefully, soon, people will start to realize that other things happen in the world that are of significance.

YES this is huge. YES this is historic. BUT do we need to watch every step he takes every day and every breath he takes? Need we watch his kids go to school every day and know what his wife is wearing daily? I think not.

Let us get on to the business of fixing the sorry state of the country.....and fast! I don't expect miracles from him, however. I know some are certain he will "fix" everything with a quickness, but that is very unlikely to happen. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed to learn that Obama is merely mortal. He will make mistakes and he won't be as liberal and "anti-establishment" as so many thought. In the past weeks we've already seen some evidence of this.

Some progress for our country is all I ask for and hopefully I won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

Mrs. Loquacious said...

You won't be disappointed. ;)