Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Finally made it to the gym...and RAMBLINGS :)

MAN that took a lot of doing! :)

Thanks for the post regarding the cereals, Mrs.L. Unfortunately, we don't have those here. Those turbos look especially yummy. I've never heard of the brands and don't recognize the cereal on the box as being packaged as something else here. Curious about the amounts of different things (fiber, protein, carbs, etc) on each of them. I couldn't make the information out on the box, although I trid.

I have a few favorites too but most are really high in carbs. Most are packaged as healthy alternatives but seem to have higher carbs than even some of the sugary kinds.

Do you guys have Frosted Flakes (also with Tony the Tiger on the box)? I was talking to a friend today and remembering how that was all I had for breakfast most mornings growing up. Its a miracle that I survived without becoming diabetic or worse! :) I'm just a sugar addict, but I guess eating such large amounts of Frosted Flakes might be part of the reason for that, huh? :)

Curlz, your post about KK has had me thinking about it all week! I have yet to give in and don't know how the lot of you could do the "one bite" technique. It seems wrong to leave them sitting there and I know it would be a matter of time before I'd go back for MORE bites! :) I would probably never get a variety pack anyway, though, because I don't like things in my donuts. I like them plain or chocolate glazed.
Yummmmmmmmmmm *drool*

So back to the gym! I made it! I did a 30 minute cardio work out since that is mostly all I can do these days but I was glad i dragged myself there. I just hate walking over to pick up my daughter and seeing she's playing in the dark because the worker in the kids room is trying to watch a movie and has the lights off! WTF? I really hate the girls who run that room!!!! They irritate the heck outta me when they don't interact with the kids and shut the lights out! Sometimes I think they do it to subdue the kids into relaxing, but no suck luck with my kiddo. She was playing in the dark with the small stream of light coming in through the door way! :) That's my girl!!!!

On a completely unrelated note, is anyone watching the Olympics? Are those Chinese girls REALLY 16? Sure doesn't seem so to me! I don't understand how/why this wasn't investigated earlier and why it is okay to turn a blind eye to it? This is yet another reason why it sucks being in debt to China! We are walking on egg shells and afraid to offend anyone. However old those kids are, DANG! Freeking amazing! I guess at least we have swimming, huh? :)

How was that for a nice mix of topics today? LOL Here's hoping I can make it to the gym again tomorrow! *fingers xed*

1 comment:

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Loved Frosted Flakes as a teenager, but I was also partial to Honey Nut Cornflakes (little less sweet, just as crunchy).

Up here we have Tim Hortons (donut place) and they sell these "Tim Bits" that are the donut holes to their donuts, in assorted flavours. If you just buy a few Timbits, it is a good way to get the assorted flavour fix without eating all 6 donuts! ;)

I have no idea if those girls are 16 or not, but truth is they *could* be that old. Many of us Asians don't look our age (I have a forty-something Japanese friend who looks *maybe* 35 if she squint-smiles and you're close enough to see fine lines), and the dental hygiene in China isn't exactly stellar, so it could be that some girls have missing teeth and stuff because of poor dental care or lack of insurance. They also don't always drink fresh pasteurized milk, which also makes a difference to their bone growth (or lack thereof) and dental development.

But hey, the Chinese don't always play fair(look at all the fake shady dealings with just the opening ceremonies!) and the mentality is that it's all about "face" (appearances) and looking good to the global market.