Monday, February 18, 2008

Rambling begins...NOW!

Welcome to my first post!

What better time to start than on a Monday? It is nap time at my house too, which means I have a few spare moments to myself! I have been wanting to do this for some time, but hadn't had the chance or a strong enough inclination to do so. I have both now and here I am!

We live in Texas and life is anythng but boring since our recent move. For a SAHM, I am busy--almost every day--juggling a part time job, my 3yo daughter, household duties and a few other specific projects. There are two big ones I am currently engaged with and right now, I'm the number one project on my list.

For the first time in my life, I am working on myself, inside and out! After thirty some odd years (give or give a few), I am exercising like a fiend. I don't know how fiend's exercise, but I would imagine it would be on most days of the week and would include strength training and cardiovascular elements. I am doing this and have been now since right before Halloween ('07).

Only a few months have passed, but I've lost just over 25lbs, a good number of inches all over and just over 4% body fat. Not too shabby for a chubby chick who loves all things carbolicious/sweet and hates sweating! :) I knew I would see good results, but I had to finally have the means and the inspiration. I got both in the last year.

After moving, and having some "found" income, we were able to afford some personal training for me which has been key to my success. I also am faced with my age and the annoying fact that it keeps going up! I want to expand the family and know that I stand a better chance of being a better vessel for making that happen and a better mom afterwards if I can become healthier beforehand.

Then there is my other, more recent project. I decided last week that I would like to see Hillary Clinton win the presidential primary and have put my money where my mouth is. I mean this literally because I've donated money to the cause in addition to my time and effort. So far I've gone to caucus training, made phone calls and hope to continue to help the campaign at the local level in any way that I can.

I cannot tell you how exciting it has been to see the energy that volunteers have. They are excited and motivated and hopeful. I want to be around these people and help bring change to the country. The mess we've made of things is going to improve, regardless of who is elected because--lets be honest--how can it get worse? I think we have seen the bottom of things and it can only go up from here, especially with a strong, experienced democrat at the helm!

Hillary is the gal for me and I'm hoping Texas and a few other important states see it my way so that we can be part of making history in electing the first female president in the U.S. The idea excites me more than I can express, especially as a woman myself and the mother of a young girl.

Those are the two things I've been working on and that is probably what I'll be discussing here over the next few months. I will no doubt talk about my husband and child and job, among other things, because I have a hard time sticking to one theme too long! :) My thoughts go hither and thither and back again. I am probably a few notches shy of being ADD and if you have ever had a phone or in-person conversation with me, you know this is the gospel truth! ;)

So that is your welcome post. This is the only the start and who knows how long or where things will go. I hope you stick around for the ride and keep me company as I wander down this winding road of life.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Welcome to the Blogclub, woman! :) Glad to see you've already posted..and am so proud of you!!
25 lbs!!!

We just started on a new workout program that Hubbs and I will do together, and hopefully we'll see some results before I head to Anaheim.

I had no idea you were rooting for Hillary, and even doing the campaign thing! Apparently her platform aligns most closely with my opinions (according to some internet program that matches opinions to candidates). That said, I think the U.S. wins if either Clinton or Obama is in office.

Anyway, good for you on all counts. *hugs hugs*

tejanamama said...

Thanks for the welcome, hon! How is the work out going? What are you guys doing exactly? How often are you working out? GL getting in shape fast because Anaheim is soon, yes? FUN FUN! So jealous! No trips for us for a while :(